Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ageless

OK so I’m 29, and four months away from the big three oh. What I’ve come to realize is that most people seem to think that 30 years-olds (and those hovering around that age) in general have aged very badly or have been disfigured in some freak accident.

I come to this conclusion because every time I mention my age I get, “really? You don’t look 30.” But I hang out with a bunch of 30 years old and they get the same thing. So I think that most people just think that after 27 people get a shit load of wrinkles, age-spots and grey hairs.

Well I’m here to tell you that this is not true. We look just like everyone else. We’ve integrated seamlessly within society and now you can’t tell us apart. I think I look my age. And I’ve earned my age, many times I probably shouldn’t have lived (mainly stupid decisions while inebriated, because oceans and alcohol really don’t go well together, throw fire into the mix and you realize you’re probably slightly retarded), so I’m proud to have made it to 29.

I blame TV. You get high school shows with 30 year olds playing teenagers and people get a warped since of age. Which is good for me, but I’m always like, well what did you expect, some evil hag with a hairy mole on her chin?

Then next statement I hear is, “You look really good for 29.”

But what, I look like ass for a 25 year old?

8 comments:

Dolce said...

If it makes you feel better, I started getting gray hair at 16. I thank my dad everyday. Years and years ago I thought 30 was old, now nearing 28 it seems so incredibly young. I like the age I'm at finally. I hope I feel the same in 2 years.

Moooooog35 said...

I look great for 60.

Unfortunately, I'm 40.

Rahul said...

damn, mooog tooke my joke.

Um, people get wrinkles after 27?

I'm screwed in a month.

LBluca77 said...

I always thought 30 was sooooo old, but now that I am here it really isn't. I don't think I look 30, but I also don't think I look 25. I still get carded.

saratogajean said...

I've always been told I look younger than my age, which used to tick me off. But now that I'm older (26), I wish it happened more.

The first time I didn't get carded at the ABC store, I was psyched. Now I just feel sad. But I feel even more sad when I think it's because I'm there too often.

Heff said...

Relax, 40 is the bad one, and even THEN not really physically bad. The memory does start to go at 40 though. What was I talking about again ?...

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

WOW. CW you.are.old. 30? just kidding.

Although, I am kind of jealous, I wouldnt mind being thirty right now, so that way I wouldnt have to stress about how the next five years are going to turn out...

Colleen said...

dolce - you wont, 30 is old.

moooooog35 - everytime I type in your name I start to go a little crazy with all the o's.

rs27 - haha, you're screwed and not in a good way.

lbluca77- I still get carded as well but I'm starting wonder if now its a pity card :(

saratogajean- the only place I get consistently carded is vegas, when that stops it means I'll have to take up my full time job of alcoholism.

heff- So I have to wait until 40 to get away with forgetting stuff? Damn I've started early.

Ms. Puddin- Liar.