Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Gang warfare

I got of work kind of late the other day. So I was walking downtown around 10:30, well past the hour when respectable people had already gone to bed (it was a school night). The only people out and about were hooligans, and other ne’er-do-wells, so obviously all my senses were on heightened alert.

When across the street headed toward me I saw them. The only label that fits for this group would be gang. That’s right, me, a lone woman confronted by her worst fear.

And this gang was obviously hardcore. The guys were wearing baggy jeans and either a wife beater, or the classier ones decided that no shirt was best. And you could just tell that these guys had had a hard life. They were giving stares to other guys across the street, I was getting nervous.

But the biggest give away that this was a group not to mess with was their rides. That’s right they were on razor scooters.

I had to duck behind a tree, because I could tell that they would just as soon kill you as look at you.

I mean there is nothing scarier than push, push glide. It’s mesmerizing in it’s deadly rhythm. Much like a shark one could say.

Thankfully that night they passed me by. But I don’t know if next time I’ll be as lucky — pray for me.

5 comments:

saratogajean said...

Man, the gangs in my neighborhood all ride huffies. Some with tassels.

But don't think they're not hardcore. Oh no. They say a lot of bad words and drink things out of brown paper bags. Then they throw their empties in my yard.

Rahul said...

I can't wait to get my hot wheels gang off the ground.

LBluca77 said...

That is how people react when me and my bike gang are coming towards them. If they are anywhere as tough as we are then good idea on hiding behind a tree.

Narm said...

You should get a Segway and rule the streets.

Colleen said...

saratogajean - dude tassles scare the shit out of me.

rs27 - ISn't that aiming a bit high?

lbluca77 - that's why I don't mess with you.

narm - I've ridden one of those and my legs start to cramp up, way to active for me apparently.