Monday, August 25, 2008

I'll take an S

Today is the first day of school. And I have been dreading it like I was on the sixth grade. I guess I'm not a real student, no instead I'm a graduate student going for a rather pointless degree in a dieing field, so that was smart of me. See what 7 extra years of school can do? I know lots of people go to school for 7 years, and no I'm not a doctor.

But as I was walking across campus at way to early in the morning I saw the coolest celebrity sighting ever. If there is one person everyone would want to run into it's this guy. Yep that's right I saw Pat Sajak.

I wanted to run up to him and scream, "I'd like to buy a vowel!" But I held myself back. Sure I stalked him across the campus, trying to think up something witty to say like, "So are you taking a spin around the campus?" or "Can I show you some Before & After pics of me, I used to have a different face?" ok that one was stretching it but I still think its a good conversation starter.

I used to have the Wheel of Fortune board game when I was little, and I wanted to be Vanna White (best job ever). But I grew up and realized that Vanna had sold her soul to the devil so that she would never age and therefore the position would never be open. Oh and I'm not a tall, beautiful blonde, dammit!

But sadly after getting closer to him it wasn't Mr. Sajak at all and instead an uncanny doppelganger. Oh well I think it was probably for the best.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Just the other day my cousin and I had a too-long discussion on the word "doppledanger" and no JOKE, as I wrote this my dad made the jeapordy noise...which as you know is on right before Wheel of Fortune.

LBluca77 said...

I would have stocked him too. Hiding in bushes and behind buildings like a spy.

Moooooog35 said...

Vanna White is hot.

True story.

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

not to make you feel old or anything, but i have no idea who that is.

haha. school started and i dont have to go! well if its any consolation, i went to school for 6 yrs for my BS...

Colleen said...

Katie - weird we must have some weird psychic connection

Iblica77 - It's true I do want to be a spy they rock

mooooog35 - I agree

mspuddin - WHEEL OF FORTUNE, what the hell?

Unknown said...

Vanna's day of reckoning will come.

BWAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!

um er good post