Monday, July 07, 2008

My castle

So I've got my shnazzy new place (shnazzy is defined as about the size of a closet but with a stove), and today I decided to clean it as my landlord's definition of clean and my definition didn't seem to match up. So I rented one of those lovely steam cleaners and dragged it up to the third floor, vowing to hit the gym so that I can carry slightly heavy items more than five feet without stopping and gasping for breath, when I finally got to my apartment I realized I had accidentally rented a place whose location randomly shifts to the surface of the sun.

After a few hours I think I lost 30 pounds of water weight and I get to repeat the process tomorrow. But at least now I can sit on the floor without feeling like I'm going to get hepatitis.

Now I just need to move all my furniture in, oh wait I don't have any furniture and I'm pretty sure when my friends see the stairs they are going to run for the hills (thankfully those are probably on fire so they will have no choice but to help me move).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, new place!
Exciting!
SX

Megan Hamilton said...

it's taken me a year to get people to actually hang out at my place. lemme know if i can help out.

Megan Hamilton said...

and by "help" i mean keep you company while i watch you clean.

Colleen said...

Skinny girl, yes I am so excited to have a new place, but the air mattress is getting old.

Megan, thats fine as long as you bring over some margharitas.

Quattro Chris said...

Hey, if you already didn't move all your stuff in, I can help, as long as there is beer involved. I would even buy it.