Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Flying

I'm not a fan of flying. Don't like going to the airport, I hate taking off and landing is just evil. A huge tin can should not be soaring through the air. But a couple of times a year I suck it up and get on one of those flying death traps and start praying like I haven't for months. This year I'm headed to San Diego for Thanksgiving and so I'm lucky enough to travel on the busiest day of the year.

Flying into San Diego always gives me pause. You'd think in a place with almost perpetual sunshine the airline employees would be a tad bit happier. But last time I was there I got chosen for a random bag check. Which is fine but as I stood at the table, as the security lady rifled through my bag, I noticed a shelf above her head. On this random shelf were two items, a box of latex gloves and the biggest jug of Vaseline I've ever seen.

After seeing that I answered every question with a "yes ma'am," "no ma'am." And it seemed to have worked as I wasn't violated in the name of national security. But ever since then the San Diego airport has always given me the heebie geebies.

5 comments:

Quattro Chris said...

When I went to AZ I stopped in SD, and they made me go through security again even though I was on a connecting flight. Any excuse to look in my hind quarters.

A.Venegas said...

Statistically speaking, flying IS still much safer than driving. Superman told me so.

Cars scare me.

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

That glove is scary enough. If flying = creepy plastic glove, I’d rather walk…

Quattro Chris said...

New URL for my blog. http://comatosechris.blogspot.com/

Colleen said...

Ooh look I'm answering.

Chris: SD blows (at least for flying)

A.venegas: I don't care about statistics you don't see any naturally occuring metal birds in the air.

mspuddin: I kind of liked the glove, is that wrong?