Wednesday, August 24, 2005

OOWWW!!

OK so I feel like an ass. I was putting together a gift basket for work, and one of the items was a nice Santa Barbara wine. I grab all of the stuff I had just bought and get out of the car, A tells me to put everything in the basket, "I've got it" I reply and take a step. I then proceed to drop the bag holding the bottle of wine, which lands right on my toe, and then proceeds to breaks one of the rhinestones off of my shoe. This is the most painful thing I've ever felt and the pain just keeps coming. Something about feet which make injury to them seem much worse than anything else. I can bang my choulder on every wall in the house, and nothing, but stub my toe on the stairs and I'm whining for an hour.

So there I am in the company parking lot hopping up and down on one shoe and doing a piss poor job of trying not to cry. I limp up to work, A brings me an icepack and some food, and I take a bunch of motrin, my firend that usually has stronger drugs is of course not here today. The rest of the afternoon I sit in my chair, rocking back and forth, trying not to cry, while my toe gets black and blue and the rest of my foot gets frostbite. And then a friend had to drive me home because I couldn't drive. Wow this Tuesday sucked.

Luckily I woke up this morning and my toe is much better, I don't even think I'll loose the nail (yuck). Only half of it is black and I think a little nail polish might fix that up anyways. Stupid bottle of wine, it didn't even break (I'm not sure how I feel about that, I didn't pay for it so I kind of wish the evil thing had shattered so that it couldn't work its mischief on someone else).

No comments: