Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kind of

It was later in the night and I just walked through the door to the bar. I was putting my I.D. away when this guy comes up to me grabs my arm and drags me in closer. His warm, alcohol-infused breath fans over my face, as he looks deeply into my eyes and says, “You’re kind of pretty.”

He then abruptly lets go and walks away.

What the hell? You’re drunk and you couldn’t commit to pretty? Was that supposed to be a compliment? Wow, well I don’t retch when I see you so that’s a good thing, right?

Were your beer goggles askew? I’m not some freaking gargoyle. Next time just commit to pretty, it’s not that strong a word. Or at least if you are going to insult me buy me a drink first.

2 comments:

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

so i see you ve met my ex boyfriend.

comments include "I kind of miss you" and "you smell like a girl" so kind of pretty is like kind of a good thing.

Colleen said...

Guys are great like that. I love me a good backhanded compliment.