Monday, March 24, 2008

A man's role

After getting a few drinks with some of the reporters from the Daily I headed back to my car (ok it was after getting a hot dog, after sitting around the newsroom sobering up, after getting drinks) I found myself walking in front of this big guy talking loudly on his cell phone. I loved his conversation so much that I slowed down so that I could follow him around for a few minutes.

This is basically what I heard:

"I know you love to cook but that's not the point."
"You just can't do it."
"Listen, even if you love to cook, you're going to train her to expect you to cook for her, and you don't want that."
"You can't have her expecting you to be in the kitchen. That's not the man's role that's the woman's."

Sure I had to walk a little farther but I was so entertained. The guy was so irate. I kind of wondered if he had a girlfriend, and maybe he secretly loved to sew but didn't tell anyone because once again that falls into women's work.

If your friend loves to cook, let him cook. And make sure to invite yourself over all the time so that he can cook for you. There are a shortage of people who love to cook that I'm friends with so I try to encourage them as much as possible.

2 comments:

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

Fug that! My man (the one that I don’t have yet) is going to cook and clean (the one that I may never get)…

Z'maji of HauteBlogXOXO said...

We've learned nothing from Lorena Bobbit, have we?

I enjoy having a penis and the full use & enjoyment of it, therefore I will not be doin 'da fool' with my wife....I mean if I ever get married again...